The Bow Tower
- 236m tall (774 ft)
- 58 stories high
- 2 retail floors - with 200,000 sqft
- 53 office floors
- An awe moment, over 84,000sqft of glass!
- Attached to the pedestrian covered walking system know as the plus 15
- 3 stories of sky gardens spaced ever 18 floors
- The Bow is named from being a Bow Crescent and overlooking the Bow River
- There were lawsuits filed by The Bow building owners due to design flaws
- It was built to take advantage of the sun
This is Calgary's second tallest building, second to Brookfield Place.
Tall buildings are always create such a defining skyline making cities recognizable world wide by a single photo. As Calgary grows its population, now past 1.5 million, so does the cit's buildings. Having such large buildings is a city's display of success.
The Bow Tower took from 2007 breaking ground, to its opening in 2013 to be built. That was quite a few years for Calgarians and tourists to drive by and get a glimpse of this massive tower being built. I am sure we all had someone we knew working on it.