As realtors, we often are asked for referrals to a good moving company.
It is a tough referral to give. through the years, I have had 50/50 as to whether people were happy or not with their move. But here are a few questions :
When hiring a moving company, there are many considerations you should make:
1. Is the company a member in good standing with the Canadian Association of Movers (CAM);
2. Prior to your move, make sure the mover has given you an assessment based on visually seeing what you have to move, whether by way of video or an in-person walk-through of your home;
3. Look at honest reviews the company;
4. Ask for referrals
5. Check the Better Business Bureau to see if the company is a member in good standing;
6. On the day of the move, ask the movers for the tare weigh scale certificate. This is the certificate of the weight of the empty truck which will help get an accurate weight of your goods;
7. Ensure you and the movers do a full inventory of your property on the day of the move, and;
8. Ensure you discuss insurance details the company provides.